Monday, May 28, 2007
More Strange Questions from a Strange Mind
1. If we have very little inflation in the United States, as we're told, why does everything cost a lot more than it did last year?
2. There’s a kind of gnat in Florida whose lifetime is a single day. The gnats are born one morning and die that night, swarming around lakes and ponds, spending their time mating so that a year later a new generation of gnats will be born to live for one day. What’s the point to that?
3. To a one-day gnat, does the day last longer than for a human?
4. What changes in philosophy of life and ambitions have occurred as a result of humans expecting to live for 70 or 80 years instead of the 30-35 years of their ancestors?
5. How do women know I’m always thinking about sex even if I don’t say anything?
6. Are women correct when they say, “You men are all alike”?
7. Why do women abhor being “sex objects”, while I would love to be a sex object?
8. Why are all babies (human and otherwise) cute – or even “adorable”? (Thanks for the adjectives, Shelley.)
9. Why do so many wives say -- instead of, “It’s getting warm in here” --“It’s so hot I’m about to barf?”
10. Why are there so many different kinds of plants?
11. Which sex (men or women, in case you've forgotten) sighs and moans most audibly while doing jobs around the house? (I know, but I want to see what you say. And the answer is NOT "Women, because men never do jobs around the house." I could see that one coming.)
12. How can people say that Jesus was God and taught a religion of love, and that “God is love” (whatever that means), while still incorporating the Old Testament into their Bibles as “the word of God”?
13. Why do Americans sit up and wag their tails at the idea of “spreading democracy” while the people they’ve elected prove democracy doesn’t work?
14. Why do so many people feel much greater enthusiasm about television "celebrities" and people who repeat lines in front of cameras for a living than about real people? Why is the private life of an actress or actor or singer of special interest, or any interest at all?